What is a Stop-Market Order?
A Stop order becomes a market order to buy or sell securities or commodities once the specified stop price is attained or penetrated. A Stop Order is not guaranteed a specific execution price.
How to place a Stop-Market Order
- In the Main Navigation Menu select Orders
- Select Order Entry
- Select Client ID (Search by ID, Name) and Pair
- Enter Quantity of your buy/sell order
- In the Order drop down list select Stop Market
- Open Advanced Options and enter the Stop Price
- Click Buy or Sell to create the order
- Click Confirm Buy Order or Confirm Sell Order to execute
- A notification of this buy/sell order will be displayed on the top right of the screen