What is a Stop-Limit Order?
A stop-limit order is a conditional trade over a set timeframe that combines the features of stop with those of a limit order and is used to mitigate risk. The stop-limit order will be executed at a specified price, or better, after a given stop price has been reached. Once the stop price is reached, the stop-limit order becomes a Limit Order to buy or sell at the limit price or better.
How to place a Stop-Limit Order
- In the Main Navigation Menu select Orders
- Select Order Entry
- Select Client ID (Search by ID, Name) and Pair
- Enter Quantity of your buy/sell order
- In the Order drop down list select Stop Limit
- Open Advanced Options and enter the Stop Price
- Click Buy or Sell to create the order
- Click Confirm Buy Order or Confirm Sell Order to execute
- A notification of this buy/sell order will be displayed on the top right of the screen
a. Enter the limit price in the Limit Price box.